Saturday, January 26, 2008

Spring and Easter Eggs, thy deceptive arts.

I've been really excited about the response to my video, "In For A Penny: Prologue." I thought like the others, most people would go 'wtf is this?' and move on, but they didn't! There's been some confusion, I think, regarding exactly what this movie was, but that's okay.

Myth: "IFAP:P is a trailer for some almost complete movie!"
Dear Blizzard if only that were the case. I made "IFAP:P" with the idea that it would be part one of the series... telling the backstory for the full Film Noir when it's ready. As for the complete movie part, at one point, I had two minutes of footage in Adobe Premiere; then I switched to Sony Vegas, and spent half a year learning not to suck at it. While I still have some of the pieces of it from Premiere, it wasn't rendered in a good quality. I will not be using any of that footage, and will be starting over. I was excited I'd completed part one, and many people were expecting me to already be done with part two! ^^

Myth: "But the poster says 'Spring' so it will be ready in a month or two!'"
When I started "IFAP:P" I worked on it for a couple weeks last summer. Then I got completely distracted by other things in (that scary ass thing) 'the real life', got a new video program, started work on the Film Noir instead, then stopped all together and made 'He Will Redeem Us.' So when I put 'Spring' it was literally a year from when I first started the project. When I picked it back up in December, I figured that since it didn't say Spring 2008, there wasn't a need to redo the entire scene. (The part where Thayle walks out of the poster was already completed at this point.) I used 'Spring' for a couple other reasons symbolically, with it playing off the bringing forth of new life, and a counterpoint to the name 'Penelope.' I'll let you figure that one out.

Myth: "Cake is better than pie."
The cake is a lie!


So, after my family's vacation is over, I'll be working on a side project, which will be a music video. It will be my answer to why everyone always asks why my stuff is so dark and sad, why I use Blood Elves so much, and it will also be pretty pervy. You like pervy, right? The music will be a custom parody. I'll keep this up-to-date with pictures from the music video as it comes along. I'm going to challenge myself on creation with this one - I have an idea of something I want to do, but it will be damn hard to accomplish. We will see!

So thank you to everyone who watched my movie, the support for it has me excited to keep going! Also, how many Easter Eggs did everyone find, I've been kind of curious to know if anyone noticed. ^^

2 comments:

AtomicSpaceKitty said...

Selserene, I just finished watching IFAP and...wow...a beautiful film-noir tale. When Thayle walked out of the poster, I thought "Gee, that looks like that hottie from 'To the Fairest' one of my fave WoW videos ever." Then it dawned on me that you were the director of that as well.

I had no idea that you had created other videos as well. I'm really looking forward to catching up with your work. It's so multi-layered and complex. Not to mention, I'm in love with Thayle. I think I could stare at him all day. You should do a wallpaper of him...I'm only kidding (a little). ;)

I need to watch IFAP a few more times (now that I've downloaded the high quality version) to see if I can find any more Easter Eggs. I'm thinking there's perhaps a Casablanca nod with the piano scene.

Anyway, I'm so glad I found you. I can't wait to see what other goodies you come up with.

Selserene said...

Thanks for you post atomicspacekitty. =)
I think I can be persuaded to make a Thayle wallpaper.

Okay, I don't need much persuading.
>.>